Earn 6.0 CE* during this introductory level, LGBTQ cultural competency training for Licensed Psychologists, LPC’s, LCSW’s & more.
What: LGBTQ-Affirming Therapist Training
When: Friday, July 26, 2019 | 8:00am-4:30pm
Where: The Center (1301 E. Colfax Ave, Denver, CO, 80218)
Cost: $130/$70 for current students (Students must have a valid ID. Email email@example.com for student coupon code. There are only 4 student spaces available.)
- Apply models of gender identity & sexual orientation development
- Demonstrate awareness of LGBTQ mental health disparities
- Recognize possible effects of minority stress on clients
- Describe the characteristics of an LGBTQ affirming therapist
- Analyze the possible cultural factors of the client’s worldview
- Assess professional practices & clinical environment
- Practice clinical skills competency
- Critique how/when to make referrals
Meet the Trainer: Robert D. Davies, MD
Dr. Robert Davies, Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, is a seasoned clinician, educator, and researcher who focuses on LGBTQ physical and mental health dynamics. Robert if the Co-Founder and Director of the UC Health LGBTQ Mental Health Clinic and Co-Founder and Clinician of the UCHealth Integrated Transgender program, both on the Anschutz Campus.
No partial attendance/credit permitted. Pre-registration & full payment required by July 18, 2019 at 4:00pm. To request a refund, contact Kelly Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 5 working days before the event. Refunds given through method received, less a 10% processing fee. Snacks & beverages provided throughout the day. Please feel free to bring a sack lunch.
Space is limited. All funds generated help support the mental health programs of The Center.
* Special 25% discount for those traveling from at least 60 miles outside the Denver metro area, care of the Colorado Health Foundation. Discount will automatically be applied at checkout after registering. Email email@example.com for more information.
Reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. To request accommodation, email Kelly Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org 3 weeks prior to your registered date.
This program is approved for 6 hours of continuing education (CE) credit. The University of Denver, Graduate School of Professional Psychology (GSPP) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GSPP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.